Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 87 of Thanksgiving...

87/278
Today I am so very Thankful for Quiet Time!   For so many years I rarely had a minute of peace unless I was asleep or I could grab a few minutes in the bathroom and both were subject to interruption.  Now I am not complaining - I wouldn't trade our busy lives for anything.  But...one of the blessings of getting older is sometimes you have a minute to think and reflect.  It have found that it is very hard to keep things in perspective and do what I need to do if there is no time to be quiet and listen to my thoughts.  This is a very busy world we live in and we are all so connected to buzzing, ringing, dinging objects.  Even my four legged family members demand attention and they do not give in until they get mine. Today, while sitting outside, I noticed it was fairly quiet  and peaceful with the exception of a lone black bird sitting atop a pine tree and he was barking out a message to the world.  Oh well it was nice while it lasted.  So - for today I am so very thankful for the moments that I can grab peace and quiet and reflect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment