Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 72 of Thanksgiving....

72/293

Today I am so very Thankful for the Daylight Savings Time.  Okay - totally honesty here - I truly hate the Sunday after the Spring Back - I can't ever get enough sleep.  But, as I adjust to the change, I so love the longer days.  Daylight is so energizing and it is almost like we get to cheat time and have more of it.  Here in the South, we have a very short spring before the temperatures go very hot and this is the sweet spot before the humidity comes down on us.  So many benefits - I can try to walk again, spend a little time in our yard, actually see neighbors that have been hiding out just like me.  I still remember, as a child, the first time I experienced Daylight Savings - I just could not believe that my favorite television shows would still be on schedule, or school, or church.  Heheheh - something very simple seems so complicated and offers us a gift of time ---- nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment