Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 75 of Thanksgiving....

75/290
Today I am so very Thankful for Quilts and Quilters!  We volunteer with a group called the Binky Patrol South Carolina and one of the most awesome things to come out of that is meeting quilters.  I have always wanted to learn to quilt but straight lines and even seams are not among my talents.  Through the BPSC, I have met some of the most wonderful women who give of themselves with abandon and have made our chapter sing with Joy!  We call them Anita and her Quilters and our group has been the lucky recipient of their wonderful creations.  I have learned that quilters as a whole are generous and love nothing more than to share their love and creativity through their warm blankets.  These gifts are one of a kind items that would make any one, who is fortunate enough to receive one, feel loved and cared for.  One day I will learn to quilt, even if it is just a whole cloth blanket, because I long to be part of the wonderful historical giving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment