Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 78 of Thanksgiving.....

78/287
Today I am so very Thankful for Happiness!  I must admit that I have not always been happy and for much of the time not for good reason.  I was too preoccupied with the idea of happiness and perfection.  As we age we realize that happiness is not about things or our position in life, but more about those we love and deciding to be happy.  We realize where the value is in life and how little that has to do with monetary value.  My children, more than anything else, bring me joy and happiness along with my sweet hubby.  My two dogs and our kitty also bring me much happiness.  But my happy state of mind has come from years of finding what does not make me happy!  Having purpose and love can bring happiness into our lives in a heart beat --- all we have to do is recognize it!  Now if I we could just know this when we were younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment