Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 82 of Thanksgiving...

82/283


Today I am so very Thankful for a Handy Hubby!  I am always very thankful for my hubby and I still love him so after almost 30 years, but the fact that he is handy is such a bonus!  It is so comforting to know that whatever goes wrong or gets out of control, I can call on him and he will, one way or another, fix the problem.  By day he dresses very nicely and looks very business like and he works very hard, but most would not recognize him when he is off - usually wearing a hat of some kind, in jeans or some sort of raggedy pants and a t-shirt - both are  normally dirty because he is up to something.  A day off for him always includes some sort of project or work around the house and oddly enough he enjoys doing these things.  Never once in all these years have I ever had to utter the word -Honey would you cut the grass.  It is always done before I could even think about it with borders edged, bushes trimmed and more.  Last year he painted our old cedar sided house with a 4 inch paint brush all by himself - every inch of it.  It is glorious! He is even a fantastic cook!!! I can only imagine that when he retires, he will work harder than he did when he was working.  I am so thankful for him ~ God bless a Handy Hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment