Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 112 of Thanksgiving.....

112/253
Today I am so very Thankful for my Twisted Brain!  I saw this little graphic this week and I knew this one was all about me.  While I have quite a few brain issues, I still find myself very thankful to be able to do all that I do.  I try my best to embrace all of the positives of having attention deficit issues, poor cognitive skills, memory issues and more.  What positives you ask.....believe it or not there are many.  For one thing I don't get as anxious as I used to because many times I forget what it was that I needed to be anxious about.  I don't expect much from my thinking so I am very surprised and thrilled when I accomplish even small things. I no longer set myself up for big disappointments by expecting unreasonable things - I just enjoy what I can do.  But most of all - I no longer allow myself to be embarrassed or upset by my limitations.  Life is too short and we must make the best of every day and each and every active brain cell we have left......twisted or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment