Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 101 of Thanksgiving.....

101/264
Today I am so very Thankful for Shoes!  I know that sounds kind of silly but I read a great article on the 1,000 Mitzvahs site about how many children in the world are without footwear ~ One Day Without Shoes.  The idea here is to help bring attention to this problem.  We all take things for granted and shoes are definitely on the list for me.  I am not crazy about wearing shoes and rarely do when I am at home - which is most of the time.  But - what if I had no shoes and had to walk everywhere - in the heat or extreme cold, over rocks and other rubble.  Then, I believe I would greatly appreciate the pain of shoes.  Think about it - so true that we many times don't miss something until it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment