Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 105 of Thanksgiving

105/260
Today I am so very Thankful for Procrastination!  Okay - so you are saying Now I know this girl is a looney toon for sure!!  Well - you would not be wrong but that is beside the point.  With a brain like mine, procrastination is a huge part of my life and no matter the impetus or the situation, it clings to me like a sad old friend.  But....I have learned to work with my dear friend and use his ugly habits to work for me.  When the ills of nasty old procrastination sink in, I, for some unexplainable reason am able to kick into gear and produce my best efforts.  Now is this how I want to do things - surely not.....no one wants to be like this.  Ask anybody.  I want to be the girl who had the wedding favors done 6 months in advance; the house cleaned at least a month before the event, food made with loving care and frozen ahead of time just waiting to be enjoyed.  Linens clean and fresh with every crease and wrinkle smoothly starched out and rolled to perfection awaiting their use.  Bows tied, i's dotted....t's crossed....but for me this is the stuff of fantasy and the chances of it happening are nil to none - not ever!!!  So - I work with the friend I have in Procrastination and he pushes me to do things very last minute and allows me to say Whew...I did it - not exactly how I wanted but it will do.  Sometimes or most of the time for me That is as good as it gets!!  But that's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment