Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 129 of Thanksgiving....

129/236
Today I am so very Thankful for the Ability to Live Vicariously!  As it says on Dictionary.com it means
felt or enjoyed through imagined participation in the experience of others: a vicarious thrill.  So many times in life, we aren't able to do all of the things we would love to do, but if we allow ourselves to enjoy others participation and joy in their doings, we can experience so much more.  I have an online friend who reminded me of this today.  She has the absolutely most adorable English Bulldog and I so love and enjoy seeing pictures of her and hearing about her adventures!  Most likely I will never have my own Bulldog but I can enjoy hers.  Our sweet niece is in the Air Force and living in the Azores and I love seeing pictures and hearing about all of her and her new hubby's adventures.  I will more than likely never get there but I am enjoying it just the same.  Sometimes enjoying things vicariously can be even better than the real thing and can also allow you to connect with others in a new way all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment