Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 117 of Thanksgiving......

117/248 
Today I am so very Thankful for Acting!  Anyone who know me knows that I have a very hard time hiding my feelings and problems flash across my face like a neon sign.  I don't like that and I so have always wanted to have the luxury of having a poker face.  Not so easy for me.  But, I have found that sometimes when things are difficult, if I act out how I want to feel or model a behavior, then it becomes easier to be what I want to be.  Now I am absolutely not talking about being fake!!  I am talking about acting happy or at least not melancholy and the happiness will follow.  They say it takes about 21 days to adopt a new behavior and for me sometimes much longer.  Negativity has been one of the erks that I have tried so hard to loose and acting out being positive has helped me to do this.  As the invincibly positive Norman Vincent Peale used to say "by deliberately acting counter to what you now are, you can develop into what you want to be!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment