Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 124 of Thanksgiving....

124/241
Today I am so very Thankful for Sowing!  Okay - this is a big bad sounding biblical word but it holds much power!  I so well remember Sunday School when we would read passages aloud and one that always hangs in my memory is You will Reap what you Sow! Alright - so I plant seeds and I get to eat the veggies that grow - right?  Well - there are lots of other interpretations of Sowing and I ran across one this past week on a food site I was reading.  In this reference Sowing was more an act - our acts that are spread out into the world like seeds. Sow a thought, and you reap an act; sow an act, and you reap a habit; sow a habit, and you reap a character; sow a character, and you reap a destiny. ~ Charles Reader.  In the context on this site it was all about eating right but this could apply to anything in our lives.  Right now I am learning that I actually am what I eat and I reap what I sow as far as what I eat.  Then......brain is clicking......I think further and realize again that everything that we do in life works like seed out into the wind and this makes a ripple - our ripple in the world.  Awesome.....or not - sure makes me think about everything I say and do.  I know we all know this but it sooooo easy to lose sight of.  For me Sowing is going to be in the forefront of my mind!
Dictionary . com:  to implant, introduce, or promulgate; seek to propagate or extend; disseminate: to sow distrust or dissension.

No comments:

Post a Comment