Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 125 of Thanksgiving....

125/240
Today I am so very Thankful for Recipes! Today is Sunday and around our house that means family dinner with the boys, their girls and friends.  Hubby has been in the kitchen for hours working on a Greek feast for this week's fare.  The smells roaming through the house are so delicious and I am so looking forward to dinner.  Every now and then he yells to me to look up this recipe or that.  We use online recipes just about everyday and it is such a wonderful resource.  I yell back ingredients, temps and times and he makes it happen.  This process got me to thinking about recipes and how they figure into our lives daily.  Recipes for the food we eat, but also for the way we live our lives.  I am learning that we can discover many things from recipes - I have a plaque hanging in my kitchen that gives a recipe for tenderizing a husband - lots of love and kindness.  Think about all of the recipes we can use to make kindness in our lives - kindness toward our selves and others.  I am thinking I will make a new kind of recipe book!  Recipes for friendship, marriage, parenting, neighboring, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment