Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 121 of Thanksgiving....

121/244
DinkyBaby.com
Today I am so very Thankful for Dolls!!  From my very first memories I have loved dolls.  I am not even sure why but I still do and I never fail to be amazed at how a sweet doll can bring such emotion to a child's face.  I was not one of those girlies who had a special doll that I took everywhere with me - I had a wall full.  Shelves with every size and kind of doll you can imagine. They were not expensive or fancy, they just had personality.   I collected them from every vacation, every holiday and more.  My collecting badge for girl scouts was for dolls.  I just wish I still had them.  I love making dolls and bringing them to life and I hope to be able to spend some time doing this again soon.  They are so full of life as you create them and the doll actually develops a personality as you complete it.  And.....dolls are not just for girls - my boys had GI Joe dolls and boy rag dolls and more.  A very dear friend attended a charity Dang It Doll  service project this weekend with her teenaged son and I was reminded once again how important dolls can be.  These are sent to military families and they are very much in demand.  Here is the little ditty that goes along with each Dang It Doll:
When your day is stressful
And you want to scream and shout,
Here’s a little “DANG-IT DOLL”
That you can’t live without.
Grasp it firmly by it’s legs 
And find a place to bang it
And as you whack it’s stuffing out
Yell, “DANG-IT, DANG-IT, DANG-IT”

No comments:

Post a Comment