Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 130 of Thanksgiving.....

130/235
Today I am so very Thankful for the Freedom to say NO!  I don't like saying No - even to myself but I am learning that it can be very freeing and rewarding.  If you know much about me then you know that I love to eat and it shows.  For the past 4 weeks I have been working hard to eat better - to change my way of eating.  This is not only because I need to lose weight for health reasons but also because I feel better when I eat better.  This past weekend the boys brought home a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts and normally I would not be able to stop myself from sampling them.  This time I was able to say NO to myself and move on to something else.  It is hard living in a house full of men who have four fold the metabolism that I have and not over eat but I am finding that in learning to say NO to some things, then I can say Yes to other things.  Feeling better, in more control, and a little lighter are some of the benefits.  It's not so bad to learn to Just Say No!!

No comments:

Post a Comment