Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 116 of Thanksgiving.....

116/249
Today I am so very Thankful for Scars!  Now I am not talking about physical scars although they are interesting as well.  I am talking about mental and emotional scars that we all develop over the years, some so many more than others.  The scars you earn through an emotional job loss, a divorce, a failed relationship, hurts hurled by others - the causes are endless and they can be profound.  I have learned over time that if I use these scars to my advantage they can make me stronger and like the balm you use on physical scars, they become less noticeable and less painful as well. If I don't put a bandage on and move on there is much to gain. I have found that examining these types of wounds and finding and realizing what I can learn from them, will make all of the difference in their eventual healing.  But.....I don't want to completely erase them because they are reminders that we can learn and grow from life's pain - we can find the good and the lesson in all we experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment