Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 122 of Thanksgiving...

122/243
Today I am so very Thankful for Diligence!  All of my life I have heard that if you do anything at all, do it with due diligence.  Dictionary.com defines it as constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.  For years I just could not get it - why...what does this mean.  Now looking back I realize that most of the good experiences in my life have involved Diligence!  Not always what I want to do but what I know that I must do.  Marriage, having babies, buying a house, keeping a job or getting one for that matter, all require an earnest amount of diligence.  I am not always an eager go getter and many times I give up because things just seem too hard - that is a quality I am not proud of and I am working hard to get away from that.  You could say that I am using diligence to learn to be diligent! 
Diligence is the mother of good luck.
Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment