Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 126 of Thanksgiving......

126/239
Today I am so very Thankful for Exercise!  I don't always like it, well really I mostly don't like it but I am finding that exercise, even just a little can make a real difference in my mood and how I feel.  When I don't want to drag myself off the couch - I crawl on the floor and go through about 10 minutes of stretching, I suddenly feel better and even have energy.  Another great thing about exercise is that all movement counts!  I have been making an effort to walk more around the house while doing chores, sweep the kitchen floor rather than vacuuming it, walking outside with my dogs and fetching the mail myself.  These are all small things but I am able to tell that movement is a little easier and with a little less pain.  As we get older it becomes easier and easier to do a lot of sitting and moving as little as possible.  I have been going down that road for a few years now and just like they say - move or you won't be able to or another favorite use it or lose it!   When I started seeing myself in one of those little scooters, I began to realize that exercise is my friend.  Now if you really need one of those then by all means that is a good thing.  I am just thankful that exercise is helping me keep moving for as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment