Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 128 of Thanksgiving.....

128/237
Today I am so very Thankful for Security!  For years my security was tied to my job - I believed as long as I had a good job and hubby did too, (and I never doubted that we would) I would be fine with security.  I have always had faith and feel security from that as well.  But it wasn't really tested because there was always the job thing.  Ah...the bliss of young life and the unknown.  I truly believed that all we had to do was work very hard and the paycheck would always follow - no questions asked.  Well not so much!!  After going through job loss and things I thought only people who didn't want to work experienced, I realized how naive I had been!  I won't go into all of the details - that is another blog and another day - but that is when I began to learn what real security is!  What is there when the paycheck isn't - who is there and how much can you depend on that faith you have been carrying in that backpack of yours?  It's not easy and not always pretty but true security can come from faith and relationships and so much more.  I remember a book that is on my shelf - "Come Before the Storm"  meaning find your faith before you need it and unfortunately I didn't but I do try hard now to put my faith and belief in things other than paychecks and money.  They can always go away.....faith and people who are truly there for you won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment