Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 127 of Thanksgiving....

127/238
Today I am so very Thankful for Pictures!  Pictures - photos - whatever you call them, give us a reboot to our memories and I have a closet full to prove it.  Being a mother, pictures have been a huge part of my life for a very long time.  I always think that if I lost the ability to see my boys as babies and children and then young men, I would just die. Now that sounds melodramatic but i cannot overemphasize their importance to me!  One of my favorite things to do is go through old pictures and it can become quite consuming because I don't like to stop - I enjoy them so much.  Of course they don't enjoy this obsession and most of the time would like to keep that closet door closed tight.  This year is one that truly brings the importance of pictures to mind - two of my boys are getting married and I can't think of anything more important in wedding planning than to have these documentations of the day.  It goes by so fast and is over before you realize it.....but, as in everyday life, we can revisit and go back anytime with the help of our photos - one of my very most prized possessions.  I know one day they will enjoy taking the trip back as well and I will have them here for them when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment