Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 136 of Thanksgiving...

136/229
Today I am so very Thankful for Sailing!  As per usual this is going to sound silly but I have never actually been sailing and I don't really have any desire to.  To be truthful, I technically can't even swim.  But....for most of my adult life I have been so drawn in by sail boats, pictures of sailing, and watching them while at the beach or lake.  It has just come clear to me lately why I feel this impulse - it's not the sailing that intrigues me but the idea of Sailing through life.  To me the idea of sailing - floating on water powered by a breeze is akin to times in life when we are leaning into the wind and enjoying the ride.  It's about not fighting or struggling to live and realizing that we are empowered to make the journey easier - we can make the decision to sail a good bit of the time so that we are rested and ready for times when we must paddle and work hard to keep our boats afloat.  The hardest part is realizing that you can only enjoy Sailing when you give in and relax and don't fight the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment