Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 149 of Thanksgiving....

149/216
Today I am so very Thankful for Quiet Time!  When I was much younger, I had a wonderful friend that I worked with and she was a bit older than me.  She would tell me that she would be up early in the morning and I could never understand how it took her so long to get ready for our 8:30 start time.  Then one day she told me that she had trouble getting out of her chair where she would sit quietly with her cup of coffee and her small dogs and contemplate her day.  What??  I was the Mom of small boys and once I crawled out of bed there was no sitting - only in the final leg of my drive to the office did I sit and relax - just a little.  Well now I am older too and no longer working and I so cherish my sitting quiet time each and every day possible.  I see how friends are doing online, say prayers for those who need them, think about my day and most important of all, enjoy a cup of coffee and feel so very thankful for my life, my family and yes my fur babies too.  What a blessing a little quiet time can be!!  What a blessed perspective it can give.  For someone like me who tends to fill quiet with way too much chatter, the old adage about being still and quiet to hear the whisper of angels is so very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment