Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 143 of Thanksgiving....

143/222
Today I am so very Thankful for the Support of Others!  Having a chronic illness has taught me, like nothing else, that the support of those who understand you is essential.  It is very hard for others to understand something they cannot personally relate to and I completely understand.  For those of us who don't have an obvious illness - one that is not detectable easily, we suffer much stigma and anger from others.  Recently I found a new support group online and I have been so pleasantly surprised by their welcome and openness - it is just awesome.  This group has been the impetus to get me writing again and best of all, the feeling of not being so alone in my quest for making the best of this life even though it is different than the one I had planned.  Through our support of each other we all shine together and we are able to accomplish much!

No comments:

Post a Comment