Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58 of Thanksgiving.....

58/307
Today I am so very Thankful for Recycling and Upcycling.  The older I get the more passionate I feel about recycling and the more you do it the easier it gets.  One tool I have found that really aids the process is one of those can openers that takes the whole lid off the can.  Wash that can and you can recycling it or upcycle it to another life because there are no sharp edges and the lid will pop back on.  Fabulous!  I have found so many ideas for upcycling t-shirts, clothing, old furniture and more.  There is an abundance of information out there and just think of the resources we are saving by doing this.  Now I know that the hoarder in me has to be kept at bay so I try to be careful not to go too far but you would be surprised how easy it is.  I am writing this while looking at a beautiful chair I found at Good Will for $20 and it looks like a million bucks!!  We save money while saving the planet - how great is that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment