Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54 of Thanksgiving....

54/311
Today I am so very Thankful for time without a car!  Oh - I know you are saying to yourself that you know I am crazy now - that is beside the point.  I have not had a vehicle for almost a year and a half!  If you would have told me this would be my situation 5 years ago, I would have thought I would loose my mind - without a doubt.  I did struggle with it at first and tried to wrangle ways around it but then I gave into the idea that it wouldn't be so bad...and it's not-----really!  My 13 year old van died a slow death in November of 2010 and there was no way to resuscitate it - it just wasn't worth it.  That left a decision for us - should we buy another car for me when I rarely go out and in the end we decided it would be foolish at this point.  So here I am and I have to tell you that in loosing that freedom, I have learned to focus on other things and be content to work around it.  Sometimes doing without gives you so much more than you could dream of.  I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that I occasionally whine about this and at times dream of a new car all decked out with new gadgets but then I realize the money we are saving far out weighs those fantasies.  Maybe one day, but for now doing without is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment