Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 46 of Thanksgiving.....

46/319
Today I am so very Thankful for Family Dinners!  Growing up we tried to eat together as much as possible and since having a family of my own, we have tried to continue this tradition.  It is one of the things that I am so thankful for as I look back on my children growing up.  While there is not always a lot of information shared, especially during their teens, just being together - showing up meant so much.  I so remember when the boys would be angry that they had to come in and eat when friends were still outside hanging out - they just could not understand.  Now they do as adults.  We still try to get together once a week for a family dinner on Sunday nights - they come as much as they can and it is truly the highlight of my week. There is nothing better than sharing a meal with people you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment