Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20 of Thanksgiving...

20/345
Today I am so very Thankful for a place to call Home.  For many years of my life I didn't give this a second thought.  I thought that because I worked hard, I had a right to have a home - a place to call my own - a roof over my head.  Several years ago when both my husband and I lost our jobs, we came face to face with the realization that we more than likely would loose our house before he found a job.  It is no small miracle that we didn't ---- something that I am most aware of each and everyday.  The fact that others have not been so fortunate is also not lost on me.  That experience has given me the realization that there is no guarantee that we won't be faced with that same fate again - there is no real way to storm proof our home so that you can never loose it.  It happens every day all around us.......therefore I am joyously thankful for Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment