Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 139 of Thanksgiving....

139/226
Today I am so very Thankful for the Happiness of My Children!  As a parent, they say you can only be as happy as your least happy child.  I would agree with that and add that the older our children get, the harder it is to deal with their unhappiness.  I truly can think of nothing more heart wrenching than when one of my boys is in pain and hurting - physically, mentally or otherwise.  When they are adults, we are so powerless to ease their pain or fix the wrongs for them and that helplessness is an ache in the gut that is like no other.  I am an anxious worry wart when there is something amiss with one of them and I can't wrangle my thoughts to anything else until I know for myself that they are better.  When they are all doing well and happy, or at least okay, then I am one Happy Momma.  I am so very thankful for those times!

No comments:

Post a Comment