Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 138 of Thanksgiving....

138/227
Today I am so very Thankful for Seeing things through the eyes of my children.  One of the most joyful parts of being a parent is seeing life through our children as they grow and learn.  All things become new again to us and we are amazed at every day things just because they are.  We learn to see the simplicity in life again.  My youngest - my baby boy (he hates that) is now 17 and is doing all of those once in a lifetime things that you never forget.  He had his senior pictures taken today and he looked so handsome in the tux prop they provided for the picture.  He allowed me to come along and I so enjoyed seeing him pose with ease and the smile on his face when the photographer made mention of his curls and gently tucked them back into place.  I was very inept in high school, clumsy and uncomfortable with myself and I didn't enjoy anything like this. I still remember his first day of preschool, when his teacher told the class a story, she later told me that he said Good Job and gave her a thumbs up when she was finished.   As my boys have grown and matured, it has given me great joy to see them navigate their way through these firsts and actually be able to enjoy them.  I hope they will have wonderful memories of these times when they are old and white haired like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment