Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Deceased Diswasher....

Now I know if you hadn't already doubted my sanity, this one will make you scratch your head.  My 27 year old dishwasher decided to go ahead and die on Monday night.  The kicker is that it was full of Sunday's dishes and if you know our house, Sunday dinner's dishes are huge!!  Sooooo I had to empty and rewash everything in there and dry (ugh!!!) them and then put them away.  But, doing this actually was kind of fun and not as bad as I had anticipated.  It brought back memories of when Hubby and I used to wash sinks full of dishes and enjoy every minute of the time...and I do love a sink full of hot sudsy water!!  Now----ask me again in a few months and I will more than likely grouse about this inconvenience, but for now I am thankful!  Thankful that this old dishwasher lasted longer than most, thankful that a dishwasher is not a necessity in life, thankful that I have dishes to wash, food to eat and all that goes with that.  It has been said that we must be thankful in all things - find the joy and the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment