Friday, November 8, 2013

My Daddy......

Today I am so very Thankful for my Daddy.  I lost him a long time ago when I was at a very young age.  He was not the perfect father - not the kind you read about or hear immortalised.  But...he was my Daddy and he gave me things I didn't get from anyone else.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and was a prankster and he would do just about anything to make me laugh.  He loved art and gave me a love of all things creative.  He was not a hugger or gushy with praise and love but I knew and I loved him dearly.  I still remember being so young and sitting with him while he worked crossword puzzles.  While I never known what it is to have a Dad in my adult life, I carry thoughts of him with me and he still gives me a smile every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment